Ever since my study in Chemical Engineering in the 80’s I have been fascinated by the world of programming: I have always detested having to spend my time on repetitive tasks, unrelated to the actual work-to-be-done. If I need to check contact-data of hundreds of members of a certain website, why should I need to copy-and-paste names, addresses or other data and use five or more different resources to perform the actual check? No! It is much more effective to write a simple tool, that does the cutting-and-pasting for me: all I want to do is submit the data to be checked and view the results of these checks on the next page. Or why not take this checking one step further and automate it completely?
This is just one simple example of why I always check for opportunities to automate tasks and make more time for the actual job. With this drive I have achieved extensive knowledge in a widespreaded range of programming platforms & languages, so I can easily decide which platform / language will enable the best automation for a certain task. Is it web-related? How many users will it have? And in five years? Any reporting required? Any bindings to the external wordl or is it only used within your company? Et cetera.
My main points of focus are:
- Database-driven websites
The main systems and languages I use are:
- .NET: C#, ADO, VB
- Databases: MySQL, MSSQL
- Web: PHP, CSS, JS, AJAX, jQuery
- CMS: WordPress, Joomla
On this website you can view a couple of examples:
- Document management system for project-related document management.
- E-Z-Diff for an easy comparing of revised Excel-lists.
- Transl8or for professional translations, either fully manual or partially automated.
- Temperature Converter is a desktop Java-application with which you can easily convert between the most important temperature units: Celsius, Kelvin, Fahrenheit, Rankine and Réaumur. Others can be added at request.
- FileRenamer is an easy-to-use Windows®-tool with which you can rename all files in a directory or any selection of files (e.g. all .doc or all .pdf-files)
Contact me for additional information on these tools or for advise / projects!